Thursday, January 21, 2016

Developing My Style

Today is day 21 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge and I'm finding myself coming back to the same process and finding results that I love!  I'm layering my backgrounds with fun, expressive, bright marks and colors, then adding a layer of thick white paint, and then using my favorite painting tool, the colour shaper to swipe away lines. I feel the excitement of the reveal new every time I try this approach. 

To keep things interesting, challenging and changing, I'm making a list of things that I want to do while continuing to develop and grow this style. Here goes:

1. Etch something other than birds or feathers - HA!

2. Paint thick 2nd layers with a color other than white or black

3. Paint on larger canvases using the same technique

4. Do an india ink wash over the top of the white layer see what happens

5. Research to see if any other artists out there have already do this

6. Use these as stamps to see what happens. 

I'm open to any other suggestions! 

Enjoy my paintings and please check out my Etsy page if you would like to see about collecting! 

Now to play catch up - 

Here is day 20 

4" square by 1" deep gallery wrapped canvas
$20


and here is day 21

4" square by 1" deep gallery wrapped canvas
$20





No comments:

Post a Comment