Wednesday, January 6, 2016

When Your Inner Voice is Wrong

I used to label it as laziness. I was too lazy to get my butt into gear and get creating again. Now, in hind sight, I think the biggest reason for my creative lulls are the powerful inner voice that we all have, especially artists. As creators, we are in check with our inner voice often, and in my case, my inner voice can be...
well...
a jerk face. 

Tonight, as I was finally settling into the time I've schedule to do my art, my inner voice chimed in saying, "Ugh, what am I going to paint, there's nothing flowing around up here...Hmm, what excuse can I find to not have to paint?" The worst part is... my inner voice said the first comment ALOUD. Not good! 

Our thoughts do become our words and our words do become our actions. Fortunately, that was NOT entirely the case for me tonight. I got my butt in gear and pulled together not one, but TWO paintings. 


Screw you, jerk face inner voice, you were WRONG! Here's my proof (day 7 painting to be posted, well, tomorrow):

Day 6 of the 30 in 30 challenge:


"Illuminated Night"
Acrylic on 4" x 4'' canvas
Available
 $20

No comments:

Post a Comment