Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Working In Layers

It's been cold outside here in New York so, "working in layers" was the theme of today. For this post I'm going to explain a little of my white layering technique and show off my two latest paintings from yesterday and today. These are day 4 and 5 of the "Thirty Paintings in 30 Days" challenge. 


 "The Weight"
Acrylic on  4"x4'' canvas
Available



"Flora Embrace"
Acrylic on 4"x4" canvas
Available



So of the two of these, "Flora Embrace" is the better depiction of my white layering and masking technique. So the idea is I play around with color and composition, line and pattern and I really just have fun and use bright colors. Then I take a deep breath and slap on a whole thick layer of white and use my color shaper tool to push off the white and reveal what's underneath. What I pulled off a little picture of a plants that I got from a sketch I did from my head the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment