Thursday, January 7, 2016

The First Week of 30 and 30

Seven paintings down and 23 more to go! I have to admit I did say aloud to my husband, "I think after the 30 in 30 I'm going to just keep on and see how far I can really go. I have a lot of unfinished work that has been on "vacation" and needs to be taken out and dusted off for some refinement. I'm saving those for after the 30 and 30 though...because those are HUGE!
The first week has helped me see myself a more dedicated and it honestly feels like it could become a habitual thing to start painting daily. It's a great feeling of accomplishment! 

So far I've been working on 4'' square canvases. Next up is the 6'' square. I'm looking forward to moving up in size. I am going to continue to paint intuitively in layers. I will admit though that looking through all of the artists posts on the 30 and 30 blog, I am tempted to step out of my zone and revisit working realistically. I'm also really inspired to try working with JUST palette knives, as Leslie Satea does, the creator of the challenge.  

So, on a very cold day in Upstate New York, I present: 

4'' x 4'' 
Available



Thanks for Visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment